Saturday, July 14, 2007

True Boxing Buddies

Some people say letterboxing is about the counts, the stamps, the puzzle solving, the hiking, or the places boxes take us to. And while I love many of those aspects of boxing, we really have enjoyed making our very own boxing buddies!
Two of the Galaxy4 stopped in our hometown, all the way from Alabama last week. We had coffee at Leopard Forest with them and chatted. It was a pleasure to meet them and share the places we love with them. They were so nice. We are looking forward to meeting the other two stars one day.
We also had the much anticipated pleasure of meeting Woody Clowns this week, the professional clowns who place balloon hats on their children's heads to keep track of them at parks: ) Not a bad idea. However, I did learn that they box incognito, dressed as regular folks. Until you see my logbooks, you'd never guess they were clowns. By the way, these clowns have gone planting crazy and they are really good at it! If you are ever in Simpsonville, SC you MUST check out “Barefoot Annie”. This box is ingenious. They really had me stumped here and the box is in “plain sight”. After eating lunch, mulling over my coffee, sending children to poke and looking from all different angles, I finally spotted it! DUH!!!
New friends are great, but today we spent the afternoon/evening with our dear old boxing buds, The Little Foxes and the J Walkers. Of Course, we had to meet at the coffee shop, since it just so happens to be so central to so many Travelers Rest boxes. They were even roasting tonight, so the smell was especially yummy. The JWalkers came in looking worn and bedraggled, but happy. By the end of the night they had quite a few finds under their belt. At least 17! I think there were a few more mysteries and postals in there, though. If you ever happen to meet up with them, be sure and ask about Bozo the President. The Foxes had to trot on up to Asheville before dinner, so we said goodbye to them. You'll all be glad to know I saw Foxy Baby smile a little smile. I know her poor teeth are hurting, but she is a real trooper! The JWalkers joined us for hot dogs and smores. They left really exhausted and sticky: )
I loved hearing Foxy Boy and Fender Bender talk, I loved that Little Bird couldn't wait to see her friend Foxy Baby and ARK was beside herself about getting to sing and dance with Pizza Nia. I loved watching Large Talons play “Blinkie” with all of the kids. I could sit and listen to td talk letterboxing for awhile. He is one of the most informed letterboxers I've ever met. If you live within 100 miles of here, I am willing to bet he knows your F-count. And if you have any scraps of PZ cut, he is the master of putting those to use!

So who are the boxers in your neighborhood?

No comments: