Monday, July 30, 2007

Do I Need a 12 Step Recovery Program?


Yep, I finally have to admit it, I am a hopeless letterboxing addict.
There are lots of ways to identify a letterboxing addict: inky fingers, stashes of PZ cut, a stream of strange packages in your mailbox, seeing places to hide boxes everywhere you go. These are all the usual symptoms.
But I am getting way past all of that. Today as I was spray painting my Lock-N-Locks with the Krylon camo paint, I knew I had gone past the point of no return. This used to be a hallmark sign to me that the planter was a die hard boxer!! Camo painted boxes are awesome. Especially when you are getting ready to plant about 20 new boxes. You just lay out your boxes and spray. 15 minutes later you are done and your boxes are beautiful. Camo duct tape is a thing of the past! I'll save it for the double sealed ziploc baggies.
But that's not all.
Some of you may remember that one reason our family ended up letterboxing and not geo-caching was that we didn't have a GPS. After discovering letterboxing, I decided we wouldn't be needing a GPS. Times have changed. I've got to get one of those things!! As a matter of fact, technology has been calling me like never before and why? Because of letterboxing!
I NEED the GPS so I don't get lost when I leave my mapquest directions at home.
I NEED an iPOD, so I can download clues to keep with me!
I NEED a laptop so I can race resQlou to log those finds in as soon as I get them. And so I can write on this blog from anywhere.
I NEED a cell phone so I can meet any letterboxer anywhere, anytime!
How have I lived this long without all of this wonderful technology?
I guess I wasn't addicted to letterboxing back then.

2 comments:

jugglingpaynes said...

Hee, hee!
I love hearing about your letterboxing adventures. And a GPS would come in handy, say, if you ran out of trail markers to follow...

I just wanted to let you know how sorry I was to hear about the keets. We seem to be surrounded by a lot of pet and people losses lately. MOMflippedisWOW lost some of her horses. My sister's cat got hit by a car. Our pastor and my great aunt died. It's been a rough summer. :o(
Virtual hugs from someone who empathizes. Keep in touch, OK?

Peace and Laughter,

Unknown said...

Can you tell me where you found the clues to the letterboxes in Cleveland Park and near the American Legion museum? Me and my girls want to find some new ones.

Thanks!
Juli