Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Clowning Around


The Woody Clowns contacted me about getting together because they had a little 'surprise' for me. You can't imagine the wonderings that filled my head in the days preceding this meeting. I don't know what it is about me and clowns. I think I have some childhood issues I need to resolve! Anyways, I was certain I would be explaining to the owners of Leopard Forest why there were clowns in the cafe. And I was mildly afraid that I was going to be clown-napped. I left most of the children at home for this reason: ) I only brought one to keep me company should we end up in the circus.
As usual, the Woody clowns surprised me, pleasantly! They are really SO nice and not scary. If any of you have clown issues, like me, they are the clowns to meet!! They did not show up with little red noses, big shoes and brightly colored hair and the only clown-napping that was imminent would have been of my own planning. With only one vehicle (van is begin repaired for cooling system failures...imagine that in this heat??!!) we did juggle a few ideas for carpooling to the Greenwood mecca of letterboxes together before school starts.
My surprise from Paula of the Woody Clowns was a plb of a clown car! It was perfect!! Also, Threespoiledboxers passed on a HILARIOUS cootie! Be on the lookout for the BP cootie, coming to a boxer near me..SOON!!

Threespoiledboxers and a new boxer, Armymom, also showed up. Yep, another mini-gathering: ) We are all looking right at home in the coffee shop aren't we?
Armymom was well indoctrinated and I am sure left with her head in a whirl..postals, cooties, exchanges... She still seemed more excited, not less, when she left. I think that's a good sign that she is one if us!
So for all of those boxers I asked to come in after me, should I not make it out alive...I made it! And who knows, I might even become a clown for a day myself one of these days?
Especially if there is a letterbox involved!

No comments: