Thursday, August 30, 2007

Reflections


Finally...after what seems like ages (probably just a month), the boys and I got out and got one letterbox!! It was such a good feeling to be on the trail with my pack on my back. I could've gone a few miles, but I only had a short time. I knew exactly where the box was because it was on the way to the first box we ever found. So after finding “Tiger Swallowtail” (which is a beautiful stamp, by the way!) we decided to go re-visit that first find. “Knot in Paris” was still in place, high and dry with the original logbook! We found our first sign in. Each of the kids had signed their names and we had a little store bought stamp, but had forgotten our ink.So we traced the stamp image onto the paper. A year and about 280 finds later, we are still boxing!
With two of our children in public school this year and me working on weekends, we will not be boxing quite so much this year. I guess it is nice to slow down and enjoy the hunt, though. We'll just keep taking it one box at a time.

EDITED to say: OK, I see our last trip boxing was actually August 8, less than a month ago. It feels like it's been years: )

No comments: